You may have noticed on our monthly calendar that we’re going to spend this week tackling a few unusual projects. Today we’re going to walk the perimeter of our homes. If you’re in an apartment, then you get a pass today! But, if you live in a freestanding home, I really want you to take the time to complete today’s task. Here’s why…
It may seem odd at first, but you never know what you’ll find that needs picking up or repaired. With such busy lives, we often zoom in and out so quickly that we never take time to actually notice the outside of our homes. So today, go outside, walk around your house and look up, down, and all around.
Here are just a few of the things you may find:
- Random pieces of trash that have been blown into the yard.
- Weeds that can easily be picked out of the flower beds. Don’t spend a ton of time here, put picking a few each day can make a big difference!
- A fence that needs to be repaired.
- A lost toy. I know this from experience!
- Gutters that need to be fixed.
- Large branches that are about to fall.
The list goes on and on…
It really shouldn’t take long, so put your shoes on, go for a walk, get some vitamin D, and check out your house!
Your assignment for today:
- Continue working on habit #5.
- Walk the perimeter of your home.
- Put this task on your cleaning schedule and keep working on it.