In case you haven’t read my about page, let me assure you that there are a million and one things I’d rather do than clean. Now don’t get me wrong…I do like cleanliness. But there are days that I think it is highly beneficial to completely forget about cleaning and take the day off!
Here are my top 10 reasons to take the day off from cleaning!
10. Learn something new – Whether it’s reading a book or taking a class, I’d much rather use my brain power learning something new than use it on cleaning.
9. Get rejuvenated (aka caffeinated) – Speaking of brain power, I can’t even think about being productive until I’ve had coffee. I know, it’s an addiction…and I’m trying to stop.
8. Get Pampered – As a wife and mom it’s easy to get wrapped up in taking care of everyone else. Sometimes it’s nice to take the day off and have someone else take care of you!
7. Fresh Air – Some days you just have to get away from the dust and/or cleaning agents and get outside.
6. Rest – I don’t know about you but it’s been a looong time since I’ve had a full night sleep. I guess it’s true that once you have kids, you never sleep soundly again!
5. Blog – Is it ok to take the day off to blog?
4. Exercise – Sometimes it’s hard to get going, but once those endorphins kick in, exercise can increase your brain power and give you a ton of energy!
3. Spend time with friends – Talking, laughing, and hanging out with those who know you best is better than cleaning any day!
2. Play with your kids – Cleaning vs. Playtime? No Comparison!
1. Time with your spouse – One thing I’m extremely passionate about is having a healthy marriage and encouraging others to do the same. To quote Dr. Gary Chapman, “Marriages either get better or worse; they never stay the same.” Sometimes we just need to put everything else aside and have a little quality time with our spouse!
What’s your #1 reason to take the day off from cleaning?