We spent some time decluttering our digital photos yesterday. But getting your photos off your phone and camera are just the beginning.
Today, let’s spend a few minutes systematically organizing your photos from yesterday. If you jumped ahead, go back to an older album.
Ready? Let’s go!
Start with one photo and systematically work though the batch.
- Make sure your photos are in a descriptive folder. Maybe something like year, month, event.
- Name the photos to something other than “img_ooo23.jpg”
- Tag the photos appropriately (of course this only applies if the program your using has tags).
- Back up your photos. Put them in dropbox (it’s free!), on an external hardrive (not free but totally worth it!), somewhere in the cloud, etc.
If you don’t have time to go though all of the steps, set your timer for 5-15 minutes and get to work. Then feel free to quit when the timer goes off. Keeping your photos in order doesn’t have take over your life!
Your assignment for today:
- Continue working on habit #7.
- Organize your photos.
- Add this task to your personal cleaning calendar.
Affiliate links included.