This is certainly not an exhaustive summer cleaning checklist, but as I was perusing what’s been covered the past four months on iDreamofClean, I thought it would be nice to organize the few things that relate specifically to the warmer months.
- Make sure your ceiling fan is turning clockwise (this looks counterclockwise if you are looking up) to cool your home effectively and reduce cooling expenses.
- Flip your Mattress (Use this trick to remember if you need to flip or flip and rotate)
- Washing your bathing suit correctly is important or you may end up with an elastic-less suit!
- Cleaning your fruits and vegetables is important in order to not spread germs when cutting (or eating for that matter!).
- This trick on how to serve watermelon without making a mess is really one of the best things I’ve learned this year! I no longer dread cutting up fruit and we actually get to eat it the day we bring it home!
- Unfortunately, ants often invade our homes during the warmer months so this list of mostly natural remedies can help.
- Speaking of bugs, those of you who are like me and get attacked by bugs every time you go outside may find this post about how to keep bugs and insects from biting you useful.