We’re still spring cleaning kid stuff this week and I hope you’ve enlisted them to help you!! So far you’ve…
- organized your children’s clothing
- sorted and categorized their toys, and
- cleaned and scrubbed toys, gaming systems, and stuffed animals.
Today we’re going to focus on the more traditional aspects of spring cleaning by working on their bedroom(s)!
Spring Cleaning Your Children’s Bedroom
Set a timer for 15 minutes and work fast to accomplish the following:
- Take all bed linens off bed and stick them in the washing machine.
- Flip the mattress (if needed)
- Dust the major surfaces in their room — bedframe, dressers, window sills, baseboards, light fixtures, etc. Don’t worry about this too much since we’ll be dusting the entire house in a couple of weeks.
- Vacuum every square inch of that room including floors, corners, under furniture inside the window frame, light fixtures, ceiling fans, etc. Again, we’ll be working on the floors in a few weeks but you can never do this too much…especially when kids are involved.
Now, go about your normal daily activities! Just remember to transfer the bed linens from the washing machine to the dryer and put them back on the bed later today. You do NOT want this little activity to delay bedtime tonight, right? 🙂
Okeydoke…let me know in the comment section or on Facebook when you’re finished! I looove reading about your progress!!!
P.S. If you don’t have kids at home, feel free to complete these tasks for another room of the house. You can also catch up or repeat an area that we’ve already covered: