Spring Cleaning is a time to pay attention to those places that often get neglected…like those places too high to notice every day.
I don’t know about you, but I rarely think about dusting the top or my refrigerator or cabinets. The only time it may cross my mind is when I put a toy on top of the refrigerator that needs a “time out!”
For a task like dusting and cleaning those hard to reach areas of your home, I like to focus on the entire house instead of just one room at a time.
If you’re going to get all your supplies out anyway, you might as well do the job in its entirety, right? Seems more efficient than getting your supplies out one by one every time you focus on one room.
But, hey, if you don’t have time for the entire house, do what you can!
Here’s a handy dandy checklist you can use as a guide for cleaning those hard to reach areas of your home. Feel free to add these tasks to your customizable Spring Cleaning checklist to stay focused and efficient!
Cleaning is a million times easier when you have the right products. Here are some of my favs when dusting and cleaning the entire house at one time.
- Duster – to dust crown molding, ceiling fans, and shelving
- Microfiber cloths – to easily dust every surface in your home
- All purpose cleaner – to remove grime from surfaces
- Nylon pan scraper – to remove stuck on grime easily
- Wood polish –if you have wood to polish
- Leather cleaner or saddle soap – if you have leather furniture
- Fabric stain treater – if you have stains on your upholstery
- Small cleaning brush – if you need to scrub furniture or baseboards
- Vacuum – with ceiling fan and crevice attachments for easy cleaning
Clean Top to Bottom:
For efficient cleaning, work top to bottom. Don’t worry about getting dust on the floor. We’ll get to that tomorrow!
- Crown molding – use duster or vacuum attachment
- Ceiling fan and light fixtures – dust fans and wash light fixtures
- Doors – dust and clean doors
- Window treatments – vacuum with a drapery attachment
- Wall hangings, picture frames, and decor – dust and clean
- Bookshelves – dust, clean, and streamline
- Wood furniture – polish
- Leather and upholstery furniture – clean the base and under cushions…you may find some change!
- Refrigerator and cabinets – wipe entire surface and condition wood
- Lampshades – use duster or vacuum attachment
Happy Spring Cleaning!
By the way, have you joined the 3rd annual Spring Cleaning Challenge yet?
Affiliate links included.