Yesterday we discussed Spring Cleaning: Preparation (Part 1). I hope you were able to complete it or are at least planning to soon! Let me reiterate that everyone’s circumstance is different so go at your own pace and feel free to adjust this Spring Cleaning series to fit your needs.
Now, let’s get on to our next cleaning phase! Since the experts say to clean high to low and side to side we are going to start by “Looking Up” today.
- Damp cloth
- Dry Cloth
- Spray bottle of water or all purpose cleaner
- Wood Polish (if you have wood furniture)
- Leather cleaner or saddle soap (if you have leather furniture)
- Fabric Stain Treater (if you have stains on your upholstery)
- Rubber glove (if you have pet hair and upholstery)
- Toothbrush (in case you need to scrub furniture or baseboards)
Today’s Task: Look Up
Let’s dust and clean the following areas of our home starting at the top and working our way down.
- Crown Molding (dust)
- Ceiling Fans and light fixtures (dust fans but consider washing light fixtures)
- Doors (dust or wash doors)
- Window Treatments (vacuum with an attachment)
- Wall Hangings
- Polish Wood Furniture
- Wipe down and vacuum furniture (leather/upholstery). Clean the base and under cushions. Maybe you’ll find a few quarters!
- Baseboards (you may need to use the toothbrush for stuck on dirt). If you want to, save this task for tomorrow when we clean the floors)
Again, I will revise the Spring Cleaning lists as needed so send me suggestions in the comments to add to the list! I’ll add them to the final Google Document so you can edit and revise to fit your needs.