There’s something about having a clean kitchen. When the dishes are put away and the counters are cleaned off, the rest of the house just feels better and more organized.
Even though the kitchen is probably the one room that gets cleaned most often, today we’re going to really clean….deep clean….the kitchen!
We don’t want this to take long so start with a picked up kitchen (if it’s a wreck from last night, take 5 minutes to clean it up). Then let’s start the Spring Cleaning with the things that take the longest.
- If you have a self-cleaning oven, turn it on. (if your oven isn’t extremely dirty, consider just scrubbing it down by hand)
- Remove items from refrigerator/freezer to clean inside. Some drawers and shelves can go in the dishwasher!
- Put anything that you can in the dishwasher: refrigerator/freezer drawers & shelves, scrub brush, coffee pot, canisters, utensil holders, etc.
- Pull out everything from one cabinet at a time (remember to use the donate, sell, and trash boxes), wipe down the shelves, and restock neatly.
- Wipe down appliances and other small items (outside of the refrigerator [including handles, sides, grill], coffee pot, tea pot, toaster, utensil holder, microwave, canisters, etc.) These are the things that get touched often but all the handles and buttons rarely get disinfected.
- Wash cabinets, walls, knobs, and pulls.
- Clean the stove and burners. Replace liners if needed.
- Clean the garbage disposal (add ice cubes and/or some citrus peel).
- Clean dishwasher (we’ll talk more about this next week).
- Scrub the floors if you haven’t done that already.
- Replace the kitchen sponge and dishtowels.
Now, go rest and enjoy what you’ve accomplished!
Where We’ve Been?
Just so you know I’ve been Spring Cleaning right along with you….
I thought I’d show you a little before and after picture of a cabinet I cleaned out. This particular cabinet is kind of an all-purpose cabinet so it always seems a bit disheveled. I tried to remedy that somewhat by putting things where they actually belong and by putting some things in the giveaway pile. Let’s see how long it stays that way!