So far this year, we’ve tackled cleaning the master bedroom, master bathroom, and the kid’s room(s). Now it’s time to Spring Clean the living area!
The very first thing we’re going to do is move any and everything that doesn’t belong in the living room to the correct location.
Our first step to is to Clear the Clutter!
Whether it’s called your living room, den, or bonus room, work on the room that’s the most lived in room of the house.
Since you and your family are in there all the time, it probably becomes a dumping ground for all kinds of things.
Shoes, bags, blankets, school assignments, and books are a few of the things that make their way into my living room on a daily basis.
Today, let’s clear all of that out.
Here’s how to get rid of all that clutter in a hurry:
- Set your timer for 5 -15 minutes. Don’t skip this step…a timer is a fantastic motivator, I promise!
- Throw away anything that’s obviously trash.
- Take a laundry basket and fill it up with everything that doesn’t belong in the room. Then take those items to the appropriate location.
- Find ONE thing that’s been in your living room for years that you don’t need anymore…and get rid of it.
Don’t let that last step be a stumbling block. Just find ONE THING you no longer need. Put it in the yard sale pile. Take it to a donation center. Or just trash it. It’ll feel good to get rid of some clutter!
Your assignment for today:
- Continue working on habit #2.
- Clear the clutter from your living area.
- Keep working on your cleaning schedule.