Your task for today is to clean your small appliances. Mixer, rice steamer, blender, toaster, slow-cooker, toaster oven, and any other small appliance that may be taking up residence in your kitchen.
Consider today’s task similar to detailing a vehicle. Detailing a car isn’t necessary. You could just straighten up the inside and rinse off your vehicle off every once in a while. Your car would still run and get you where you need to go.
However, when you get your car detailed, inside and out, you start to see it for what it once was. The car you considered utilitarian suddenly becomes something you’d see on a showroom floor…and want to spend your hard earned cash buying. You begin to enjoy your vehicle again and quit eyeing newer cars on the road.
Spending a little bit of time making your vehicle look new again could save you thousands of dollars when you don’t feel the need to buy a new car!
The same is true for your kitchen appliances!
Spring Clean Small Appliances
- To save time, gather all of your small appliances and put them on your kitchen counter. You’ll be glad you didn’t ignore this step when your hands are soaking wet.
- Then collect cleaning supplies, a scrub brush, a toothbrush, and a toothpick.
- Finally, start scrubbing. Pay attention to every single part of the appliance, If a piece can be removed, take it apart. Clean what you usually ignore. Use a toothpick to pick gunk out of the the crevices.
It may seem tedious. It IS tedious. However, spending a few minutes meticulously cleaning your small appliances will keep them looking new. That means you won’t be tempted to buy another small appliance which in turn will help you stay clutter-free!
If you don’t have time to deep clean them all, just focus on the one you use most often. If you have some extra time, then by all means, clean them all!
Your assignment for today:
- Continue working on habit #2.
- Spring clean your small appliances.
- Keep working on your cleaning schedule.