So far this year, we’ve tackled cleaning the Master Bedroom and Master Bathroom. Now it’s time to Spring Clean your child’s (or children’s) bedroom!
You’re going to start noticing a pattern when we clean entire rooms. The very first thing we’re going to do when we clean and organize a room is to get rid of any and everything that doesn’t belong.
The first step to is to Clear the Clutter!
If your kids are old enough, let them help. Or even better, put them in charge! Here’s how to get rid of all that clutter in a hurry:
- Set your timer for 5 -15 minutes. Don’t skip this step…a timer is a fantastic motivator, I promise!
- Throw anything away that’s obviously trash.
- Take a laundry basket and fill it up with everything that doesn’t belong in the room. Then take those items to the appropriate location.
- Finally, get rid of clothes and toys they no longer play with. Put them in storage for the next kid. Take them to the donation center. Throw them away. Do whatever it takes to make the bedroom a functional place that works for your child(ren) today.
If that last step is too overwhelming, just find ONE THING they no longer need. It’ll feel good to get rid of some clutter!
Your assignment for today:
- Continue working on habit #1.
- Clear the clutter from your child(ren)’s bedroom.
- Add this task to your cleaning schedule.