It’s the last week of the month!! Before the month ends, would you want to end the month right and start next month with a super-duper clean house? Or at least a picked up house?
Seems like a great plan to me!
Speed Clean the House
Look around your home. Do you see items in rooms they don’t belong? I sure do! Right now, there’s a laundry basket full of toys my kids were playing with in the hallway, papers in the kitchen, shoes out of the shoe rack, toys in my office, the list goes on and on…
If there are items out of place in your home (how could there NOT be), then let’s take care of the that today!
Here’s what to do:
- Set the timer for 15 minutes,
- Grab a laundry basket,
- Go to the cleanest room in the house and fill it up with anything that doesn’t belong.
- Take those items to the appropriate location.
- Then go to the next cleanest room and do the same thing.
- Repeat until you’ve tackled your messiest room.
A few notes:
I like to start with the cleanest rooms because it gives me a quick win. Cleaning the house doesn’t seem as overwhelming that way. Plus, I usually (finally) put away an item that’s been bugging me way too long. However, if you want to tackle another room first, go for it!
If your house is a disaster and you feel like everything is out of place, you may not have time to tackle the entire house. If that’s the case, tackle the most lived in areas first.
If your messiest room is something like an office, guest bedroom, or closet and is covered top to bottom, don’t feel like you have to tackle that today. Just get a few quick wins under your belt and call it a successful day!
Your assignment for today:
- Continue working on habit #2…LAST DAY so make it count.
- Pick up the entire house…or at least part of it.
- Keep working on your cleaning schedule.