What is the best steam mop? Since I’m asked that question almost weekly, I thought I’d review a few for you.
Last year Shark was one of the sponsors for the Spring Cleaning Challenge so they let me try out the Shark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop. This isn’t a sponsored post but I definitely wanted to give you a rundown on the pros/cons of this steam mop since I’ve used it. I’ll be doing the same with a few other great steam mops in the coming days.
Shark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop
The Shark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop first grabbed my attention when multiple friends posted on Facebook about how excited they were to get a Stark Steam Mop for Christmas. It always amazes me when people rave about a cleaning product, especially since so few actually like to clean. But since these people actually asked for a cleaning product for Christmas, I knew it must be special!
Assembling the steam mop.
This particular steam mop came packaged in several pieces. At first I thought it would be extremely difficult to put together. Thankfully, they provided a “quick start” guide that was super easy to follow.
Seriously. I did it with my toddler “helping.”
Using the steam mop for the first time.
I filled the canister with water using the cup provided, set the mop to “scrub” and started cleaning the tile in my bathroom. It started to steam like crazy and I just glided the mop over the tile easily.
Let me tell you, I clean our carpet and hardwood on a regular basis. The tile floors are a different story! Their neglect was quite obvious when both sides of the cleaning pad were covered in dirt after cleaning the floors of such a small bathroom.
Cleaning the steam mop pad .
Cleaning the mop pad was as easy as throwing it in the washing machine. Woop! Woop!
I am thrilled that the pad is washable. That means I don’t have to buy refills!
Using the steam mop again.
After washing the pad, I steam cleaned our hardwood floors.
There’s a “soft” setting so I used that one and went to work. Well, I say work but it’s not hard to use at all. The mop glides smoothly and it turns so easily that it can get into any space that’s about 6 inches or bigger.
Using the steam canister!!
I pretty much expected to like cleaning the floors with the mop since I heard all of those great reviews from my friends. And I did. But the BEST part of this mop is the removable canister!
With one click of a button. you can remove the canister, attach a nozzle and clean just about any surface in your home. I cleaned the bathroom counters, around the faucets and those hard to reach places on the floors.
Pros and Cons of the Shark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop
- Cleans with steam. According to the manufacture, the steam is an ideal temperature to thoroughly clean and sanitize surfaces. That means no chemicals!
- Easy to use. It has an ergonomic handle and glides easily across the floor. You don’t need a ton of muscles to use this mop since the steam does most of the work.
- Removable canister that turns into a handheld steamer. This allows you to steam clean almost everything in your house from top to bottom including countertops, stovetop, sinks, refrigerator, windows, glass shower doors, and even curtains.
- Adjustable cleaning settings. The amount of steam is easily adjusted to use on various materials.
- Double-sided washable cleaning cloths. This allows you to easily flip between both sides of the cleaning cloth to steam clean greater square footage.
- It doesn’t continuously steam for long periods of time. You have to periodically take a break for the water to heat up again.
- It doesn’t stand upright on its own.
- It doesn’t have a case or bag to contain all of the parts (and there area a LOT of them).
- There isn’t a maximum capacity line on water tank so it’s easy to overfill.
- Since the water tank is small, the water needs to be refilled fairly often.
Overall I was very pleased with the Shark Lift-Away Professional Steam Pocket Mop. I’m not quite ready to confirm that it’s the BEST steam mop. But it’s definitely ONE of the best steam mops I’ve tried!