Over the past few weeks I’ve been trying out the ScanSnap SV600 scanner. In my quest to get paper clutter under control, I’ve gotten in a pretty good routine with my older ScanSnap. But there are still a few items that can’t be scanned with a traditional scanner.
Sometimes people want to scan pages from a book. Others need to scan items that are thicker than traditional paper.
As a mom, I’d like to digitize and organize items for my kids.
Think about all of those cute crafts and activities that your children bring home from school. Think about the cute Christmas ornaments they make. Their hand molds. Their favorite baby blanket. This list is endless.
There are a few ways to preserve childhood memorabilia without the items taking over your home.
- You can scrapbook some of these items. I’m personally not one who will scrapbook. Yes, I say that I will. But since I haven’t scrapbooked one single thing during the past five years, I’m pretty sure I never will!
- You can keep them stored away in a box. But what happens if there’s a natural disaster. Those childhood items will probably be gone.
- You can digitize the items. This one is my favorite! You can take a picture and back it up in the cloud for safe keeping.
What I like specifically about that third option is that it’s perfect for 3D objects. What I don’t like is that it can be time consuming to use a traditional camera. That’s where the ScanSnap SV600 comes in.
Preserve Children’s 3D Artwork with the ScanSnap SV600
When I connected the ScanSnap SV600 to my computer for the first time, it was as simple as 1, 2, 3. Literally. Within 60 seconds I was ready to scan.
I gathered a few items that my kids have made and started scanning. It was as simple as placing an item in front of the ScanSnap SV600 and pushing the “scan” button. I repeated this until I finished scanning about 30 items. Then I switched over to my computer, chose where I wanted to save the images and renamed them.
It was one of the most hassle-free experiences I’ve had trying to digitize and organize our family memorabilia.
Let me show you exactly how it works…
ScanSnap SV600 Giveaway
Of course I couldn’t show you how incredible this scanner is without letting one of you try it too. So I asked ScanSnap if I could give one to you and guess what? I get to give away a ScanSnap SV600 to one lucky i Dream of Clean reader.
How to enter:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me what you would like to scan. It can be something as simple as paper but I’d love to know what you would like to digitize that a traditional scanner couldn’t do.
- Then simply complete the steps in the giveaway widget below. Personal information will not be shared or used for any kind of mailing list, it’s simply used by me to select and contact the winner.
Disclosure: ScanSnap provided me with a ScanSnap SV600 to use but all opinions about the product in this post are mine. Affiliate links are included.