Okay. So I told you earlier in the week that we’re going to work to get – and keep – our photos organized this year. This is an area where I definitely struggle. So I need the extra accountability and I thought you might too. So here we go…
This is the first of a two-day process.
Photo Organization Prep Work
1. Determine where you will keep your photos.
I don’t know about you, but I have photos on my phone, in dropbox, on iPhoto, scattered in various folders on my computer, on my camera, on an external hard drive, and I’m sure in a few other places.
Can you relate?
Take a minute to think about how you actually do life. Where is the best place (maybe two places) that make sense for you to keep your photos. Pick one (or two) and stick with it!!
2. Dump your photos in that location.
I actually have my phone set to automatically download to dropbox (yipee!). But if you don’t have a similar feature set up, connect your phone to your computer so you can get those images off your phone.
Do the same with your regular camera.
I think that’s enough for today so we’ll continue this fun little task tomorrow!
Your assignment for today:
- Continue working on habit #1.
- Determine where to store your photos. Then put all photos from your phone and camera in that location.
- Put this on your cleaning schedule. You’ll be glad you did!