This is day 2 of our photo organization! Were you able to get your current photos in order yesterday? I sure hope so because today we’re going to take a few minutes to clean up and organize old photos.
Since our current photos should be fairly well organized, let’s start working backwards.
Choose a recent set of photos to update and organized. Here are a few steps to think through as you work.
- Delete photos that aren’t good quality or look similar to the other 10,000 photos you took at the event. You knew I was going to start with that, right?
- Make sure they are in a descriptive folder. Maybe something like year, month, event.
- Name the photos to something other than “img_ooo23.jpg”
- Tag the photos appropriately (of course this only applies if the program your using has tags).
- Back up your photos. Put them in dropbox (it’s free!), on an external hardrive (not free but totally worth it!), somewhere in the cloud, etc.
Just set your timer for 5-15 minutes and get to work. Then feel free to quit when the timer goes off. Keeping your photos in order doesn’t have take over your life!
Your assignment for today:
By the way, I’d love to see what you accomplish today (before & after images are great). Upload a pic to instagram and tag me in it (instagram.com/idreamofclean) so I can see!
Affiliate links included