TV’s, DVD players, cell phones, iPads, iPods, coffee pots, microwaves, refrigerators, dishwashers, mixers, ovens, stoves, computers, printers…. What do these things have in common? Technology? Yes. They’re expensive? Yes. They all have manuals. Yes!
I don’t know about you, but I feel like I’m constantly overwhelmed with paperwork. Excessive, bulky manuals don’t help the situation. Some people file them. Some people put them in a drawer. Others just throw them away!
If you want to keep your manuals but don’t want to have to move into a bigger house to store them, try going paperless by utilizing online services.
I recently came across ManualsOnline.com. They have hundreds of thousands of electronic manuals. You can create an account and bookmark all of your manuals for easy reference. If they happen to not have a manual for one of your items, you can request that they notify you when it becomes available.
Companies often have electronic versions of manuals on their website. If they have one for your product, you can bookmark it using del.icio.us. I’m a big fan of del.icio.us! First of all, you can tag your bookmarks. Tags are basically key words that you can use at a later date to find what you’re looking for. Kind of like files in a filing cabinet. For example, you can tag all of your manuals “manuals”. That way when you’re searching for a particular item, you can bypass all your other bookmarks and just review the relevant ones. You can further categorize your manuals by adding additional tags like “microwave” and “computer”.
For further information, read this del.icio.us tutorial.
Do you have a system in place for organizing items like household manuals?
Now it’s your turn to tell us what you’ve been cleaning or organizing this week. Link up and share a tip (or just brag on your little ones)!
- Write a post or add one you’ve already written where you share a cleaning tip or trick, ask a cleaning question, talk about a cleaning success or failure you’ve had recently or just brag on your little ones for helping around the house-any reason to talk about our kiddos is a good one, right?!
- Grab a button and/or link back to Real Clean Wednesday.
- Link directly to your post (not your website) so it will be easy for people to find your post in the future.
- When you add your post to the linky, please add your name and a description of your post.
- Visit others give them some comment love!
- You can even follow #RealCleanWed on Twitter for updates!