Since moving out of our concrete high-rise in the city to a suburban home, my son has been fascinated with the outdoors. As soon as he wakes up he grabs his shoes and tells me he wants to play ball (well, the only word he actually says is “ball” but his intentions are clear!).
He wonders in the yard, picks up sticks, digs in the ground and is fascinated by all the wildlife. It’s a whole new world!
Creative Outdoor Ideas for Kids
As a grown adult, my imagination has dwindled somewhat. Since I need a bit of help when it comes to getting creative outdoors, this activity finder on the National Wildlife Federation has really helped this momma become a superstar!
- Search for bugs….they give you instructions for a bug scavenger hunt.
- Search for birds….they tell you how to have a bird picnic.
Let me tell you, I would never think of those activities!
Earth Day is Just Two Days Away:
In honor of Earth Day I’m going to take the day off from cleaning (that’s a good excuse, right?!) and get outside with my son to explore the world. I suppose when we finally make it back inside we’ll wash our hands and dry them with Scott Naturals Towels too – It’s the only fair thing to do 🙂
Scott Naturals will be donating a $1 to the National Wildlife Federation for everyone who checks out their 4 Week Test Drive (up to $25,000). All you have to do is click here! That has to be one of the easies ways to celebrate Earth Day.
Even More Outdoor Ideas:
Another great team, The Motherhood, is also partnering with the National Wildlife Federations for a program called B Kind 2 Earth Day, and there are a lot of great ideas for getting outdoors with your kids on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/BKind2EarthDay. Since I need all the help I can get in the outdoor department, you better believe I’m a fan!
Last week I told you about how I was using Scott Naturals Products for their 4 Week Test Drive and that you have 4 chances to do the same. Well, Olivia is the winner of the prize pack from last week! She’ll recive a Scott Naturals Kit containing bath tissue, paper towels, flushable moist wipes and napkins. Congratulations, Olivia!
If you want a chance at winning the same, you have three more chances! Here’s what to do:
1. Leave a comment telling me your favorite outdoor activity to do with your kiddos.
For extra entries:
2. Visit Scott Naturals 4 Week Test Drive page so they’ll donate $1 to the NWF. Then come back here and leave a comment letting me know you have done so.
3. Like BKind2EarthDay on Facebook and then come back here and leave a comment letting me know you have done so.
4. Visit ScottBrand.com and “like” them on Facebook (look towards the bottom of the screen). Then come back here and leave a comment letting me know you have done so.
5. “Like” iDreamofClean on Facebook. Then come back here and leave a comment letting me know you have done so or already do.
Comments will be closed at 11:59pm on April 27 and a winner will be selected.
Disclosure: This is a compensated post by the Motherhood and Scott Naturals Products but all opinions are my own. You can read more about my disclosure policy here.