Did you enjoy your “break” to work on taxes yesterday? I know it’s not really fair to call that a break, but at least it was something different than Spring Cleaning the bathrooms and bedrooms, right?
Well, I hope you are excited because we’re back to cleaning again today!
Disinfect the Kitchen
Since we just spent 28 (twenty-eight!) days Spring Cleaning the kitchen, we’re not going to spend much time on this portion of our Spring Cleaning “Re-do.” We’re just going to get in and out. Plus, your kitchen doesn’t need much work now that you clean your kitchen every night. You’re still doing that, right?
Today we’re just going to focus on disinfecting hard surfaces.
First, collect your materials:
- kitchen disinfectant cleaner
- white cleaning cloth
- old toothbrush
- pan scraper (an old credit card will do in a pinch)
Then, clean and disinfect the following areas:
- cabinet door fronts
- sink, including faucet connections and the drains
- microwave inside and out
- exhaust fans and hoods
- oven door
- refrigerator and freezer door
- knobs, including doors, cabinet doors, and appliance doors
- cabinet door fronts (for painted cabinets, you may want to test on an inconspicuous area first)
- garbage cans (I’m pretty sure most of you skipped this one last time!! lol!)
- high chairs
Try to disinfect every hard surface area in your kitchen. Just spray, wipe, spray, wipe until you come to a tight crevice that only the toothbrush can handle or stuck on gunk that only the scraper can handle.
I personally would tackle this project after the kitchen is clean tonight, but fit it in where you can. You guys are doing a fantastic job!!
Have fun! As always, let me know in the comment section or on Facebook when you’re finished!