You may have noticed on our July calendar that we’re going to focus on deep cleaning the floors every Friday this month. My hope is that FRIDAY FLOORS will become part of your weekly routine.
That doesn’t mean you have to scrub and clean every single inch of flooring each week. It just means we put a little bit of effort into cleaning the floors on Friday.
- a good vacuum (I got to try this Dyson Animal and it is Ah-mazing. Seriously, I didn’t realize how much easier vacuuming can be when you use a good vacuum!!)
- carpet stain remover
First, read up on how to vacuum carpet correctly and efficiently.
Then, go to one room, complete these steps, and then move to another room.
- Use the crevice attachment to vacuum carpet edges and under furniture that can’t be moved.
- Start at the wall furthest from the door and vacuum side-to-side and front-to-back (or east-to west then north-to-south). Move furniture when possible. Then vacuum your way out the door.
Finally, pay attention to areas of your carpet that needs stain removal or professional cleaning.
- Does your carpet need to be spot cleaned? If so, go ahead and do that today. I did this a few days ago while talking to my husband and letting our two kids run wild. Of course we only had a couple of spots (thankfully!) so it wan’t a big deal. I just sprayed the carpet cleaner, let it sit a few minutes, and rubbed it gently with a cloth. Easy as could be!
- Do you need to rent a carpet cleaner? If so, find a rental location and schedule a day on your calendar to clean your carpets.
- Do you need professional carpet cleaning service? If so, call them today and get it scheduled…even if you have to schedule it three months from now!
- Do you need to replace your carpet? I know it’s not fun to think about shelling out all that cash. But if you need new carpet, talk it over with your spouse/family. If you need to save up some cash first, brainstorm ways to do that. If you already have a repair fund in place, determine when you should schedule to have your carpet replaced…and then put it on your calendar!
I sure hope you only have to spot clean your carpet…or not clean it at all! But with so many of you participating, I know some of you fall into the latter groups. Don’t let that get you down.
The reason you’re Spring Cleaning every day this year is to keep your possessions in good shape so you don’t have to replace them as often. That mean money savings all around.
I hope it also means an even greater opportunity to be hospitable in your home. I will tell you, that last reason is 95% of the reason I even bother with cleaning. I wish I had the opportunity to invite each and every one of you over! You are a fantastic community and I’m grateful for all of you
Your assignment for today:
Affiliate links included.