Since we’ve tackled our books and cookbooks this week, it only seems fitting that we declutter another type of collection today. We’re going to declutter those magazines!
Declutter Those Magazines
I don’t know about you, but magazines are one of those luxuries that I always think I’ll make time to read, but rarely do. I’ll hold on to them f-o-r-e-v-e-r in hopes that I’ll finally get around to reading them. Eventually, I’ll give up and let them go.
I want to challenge you (and me) to get realistic about those magazines sitting around the house. Start with the oldest issue you have and decide if it’s worth the clutter to keep it around any longer. If you’re willing to let it go, here are a few ways to get rid of your magazine(s):
- Trash it. Yes I know…that’s the obvious one 🙂
- Recycle it.
- Give it to a Doctor/Dentist office.
- Give it to a friend.
- Let your kids make a collage out of the pictures.
- Ask your friends if their kids can use it for a project.
Can you think of other options? I’m sure there are many!
Just start with one. If you feel extra motivated, keep going!
What if you don’t have a single magazine in the house? Get creative and find something else to declutter!
I’d love to see what you declutter today. Upload a pic to instagram and tag me in it (instagram.com/idreamofclean) so I can see!
Your assignment for today:
- Continue working on habit #3.
- Sell, donate, or give away at least one magazine.
- Keep working on your cleaning schedule.