We’ve covered quite a few habits this year. I hope the habits are building on one another and you can tell a difference in the way you are cleaning your home. If you’ve just started with us don’t worry about going back to the beginning; just start with our new cleaning habit.
However, here is a reminder if you want to read up on past habits:
- Cleaning Habit #1: Tackle your problem area,
- Cleaning Habit #2: Clean your kitchen every night,
- Cleaning Habit #3: Let it go and streamline your life,
- Cleaning Habit #4: 5 minute pick up,
- Cleaning Habit #5: Put things back where they belong,
- Cleaning Habit #6: Wash one load of laundry each day.
Now that we’re starting a new month, it’s time to start a new habit!
Cleaning Habit #7: Do One Thing. Just Start.
We’re officially into the Summer months now which means it’s getting HOT. I don’t know about you, but cleaning the house isn’t top of mind. I just want to spend the days having fun with my kids and playing in the community pool.
On days when the house is a disaster, but I know I need to do something to stop the mess from hemorrhaging, I give myself a little pep talk by doing one thing.
One teeny, tiny thing.
It doesn’t matter if it’s starting a load of laundry, cleaning up the kitchen, making up the bed, or tackling a quick pick-up. I just START.
And then I give myself permission to stop.
The things is, I usually don’t stop. Most of the time, I my blood starts pumping and I get enough energy and motivation to tackle a few other projects.
Sometimes you just have to start and clean ONE thing.
Your assignment for today:
- Do one thing.
- Then tell me the one thing you tackled.