We’re touching up some areas around the kitchen this week. So how about tackling the microwave today? Of course we all know that it’s easy to keep your microwave clean if you wipe it out after every use. I’m pretty sure very few people actually put that into practice! For those of us in the latter group, let’s take 5 minutes today to clean our microwave.
- microwave save cup/bowl
- lemon juice or vinegar
- kitchen dishcloth
Instructions to easily clean your microwave:
- Fill a microwave safe cup or bowl with water and microwave on high until the water boils (4-5 minutes). If you’d like to use a bit of natural disinfectant, use half vinegar in place of the water. You can also add a squirt of lemon juice for a fresh scent.
- After the water boils, keep the microwave door closed for a few minutes so the steam can soften the gunk.
- Using a damp rag (feel free to use some of the warm water from the bowl) to clean the microwave. For extra tough spots, a kitchen scraper works wonders!
- Wash the glass tray in the sink, or just stick in in the dishwasher to let it do the work for you!
This is such an easy task that it can be done while your cooking. Or snacking. Or chatting it up with your family 🙂
Your assignment for today:
- Continue working on habit #7.
- Clean your microwave.
- Add this task to your personal cleaning calendar.
Affiliate links included.