However, if you worked for your designated 5 to 15 minutes, then you should have seen a little improvement, right?
Well, today you get a do over…sort of! We’re going to tackle the main living area today and we’ll include those two chores.
Clean Living Areas
Living room. Family room. Den. Bonus room. The main living area can be called many things. But I want to think about the room you hang out in the most (other thank the kitchen!!) Determine which room will your friends and family congregate on Thanksgiving and tackled that one today!
- Grab a laundry basket and fill it up with anything that doesn’t belong in that room.
- Take those items to the appropriate location.
- Then get a feather duster, microfiber cloth, and vacuum with hose attachments.
- Dust every surface of that room: bookshelves, moldings, furniture, wall hangings, etc.
- Vacuum every corner of the floor, every surface area of the floor, and use the hose attachment to clean in between chair/couch cushions. You can also use it to
- Then grab your furniture polish, glass cleaner and leather/cloth cleaner (if needed).
- Polish wood.
- Shine glass and windows.
- Spot clean cloth furniture and/or condition leather furniture.
- Finally, straighten bookshelves, magazines, blankets, and pillows.
Then step back and enjoy your beautiful, clean living area!
Your assignment for today:
- Continue working on habit #11.
- Clean your living areas.
- Start working on your cleaning schedule for the upcoming year.