So far you’ve deep cleaned the washing machine, cleaned the dryer, and cleaned and organized the shelves/cabinets in the laundry room. Today, let’s focus on those floors!
Now, if you have a laundry closet like I do, then your task today will probably be small. But don’t skip out because there’s a good chance you’ll find quite a few dust bunnies lurking under those heavy appliances!
If you have an entire room dedicated to your laundry, then the floors are probably pretty dirty. I was always amazed at how much lint and dust buildup accumulated on the floors and molding of the laundry room floors in my previous home.
Here are a few things to pay attention to during today’s task:
- Under the washer and dryer. A vacuum hose extension may be your best method for removing dust from under your washer and dryer.
- Behind the washer and dryer. While you have your vacuum hose out, remove dust and lint from behind your washer and dryer (plus, you might find some of those missing socks!).
- Moldings and behind the door. For some reason, dust accumulates like crazy on these areas.
- Floor. Clean the main walking area based on the type of floors you have.
There you have it. Set your timer and get that laundry room sparkling clean!
Your assignment for today:
- Continue working on habit #6.
- Clean your laundry room floors.
- Add this task to your personal cleaning calendar.