The last few weeks have been a wild in our house! Thankfully, moving from a super small home means there isn’t a ton of packing to do. But a move is a move. If you’ve ever had to do it, I’m sure you know exactly what I mean!
We’re about 50% packed right now but, of course, I have big plans for making the home we’re selling shine like it’s brand new. We want the new home owners to love living in a downtown loft as much as we have!
So, I have a list of items I’d like to clean before the house closing:
- Clean appliances: Microwave, Oven, Dishwasher, Refrigerator
- Check hidden places like under the stove and underneath drawers
- Wipe out the cabinets
- Change air filter
- Touch-up paint
- Clean everything in the bathroom including the shower curtain, grout, and my dusty towel racks
- Shine windows and mirrors
- Mop floors
- Dust and polish all furniture we’re leaving behind
- Clean blinds
That should keep me busy for a while!
I’m also going to put together a list of services provided in our building. Plus, when Andrea from Simple Organized Living moved recently, she put together a list of all phone numbers for utility companies so the new homeowners could easily switch them over to their names. That was such a fantastic idea so I’m going to add that to my list as well!
So, what do you think? Have I left off an important area that should be cleaned? What would you appreciate as a new homeowner?