It’s another catch up Saturday and today we finish “operation declutter that closet”! I hope you had fun cleaning up your closets and at the same time feel relieved for minimizing your clutter.
One of the great things about reading all of the minimalist/cleaning/productivity books I’ve mentioned each Sunday is that it’s quite apparent there’s a clutter epidemic in the United States. It’s easy to accumulate much more than we need.
On more than one occasion someone has mentioned to me that their closet is the biggest clutter spot in their home. They gradually get new clothes but don’t consciously streamline.
That’s what this week has been all about – consciously streamlining the clothes in our closet.
If you need a bit more time to clean out your closet, you’re in luck. Today is a catch up day!
Here’s a recap of what we’ve covered:
- Read “More or Less: Choosing a Lifestyle of Excessive Generosity” – in this post I have discussed this book which could be inspiring for you too. I love how the author tells a story about being a giver and become less of a consumer. I wish by now, you’ve read it and has moved you in many ways!
- Declutter your accessories – By now, I’m hoping that your drawer for accessories is already trimmed down. In this post, I have helped you decide which accessories are for keeps and for disposal.
- Declutter your socks – So having less trouble with everybody’s socks today? If that’s the case, hooray! Hopefully those old socks that have served their purpose have gone to their proper places.
- Declutter shirts & tops – In this post, we have tackled on our shirts & tops. I pray those handful ideas helped you sorting out all your tops.
- Declutter pants, skirts, & shorts – Of course, after your shirts & tops, we move to your bottoms. I have those mini Q&As helped you decide which bottoms (or should I say, how many bottoms) to keep or to give away.
- Declutter your shoes – And lastly, we took on the shoes department. By now, you should be smiling every time you see those shoes in there and be proud of yourself that you were able to do it all in a week.
Your assignment for today:
- Continue working on habit #3.
- Catch up from the week.
- Keep up the good work on your cleaning schedule.
By the way, I’d love to see what you declutter today. Upload a pic to instagram and tag me in it (instagram.com/idreamofclean) so I can see!