Have you already packed up your winter clothing? Picked out cute, new Spring clothes? If not, take a few minutes, weather permitting, to start packing up your winter clothes.
(If you happen to be in an area of the world that still needs or is about to need winter clothing, then reverse the process or just straighten up your closet today.)
Switch Seasonal Clothing
Make it your mission today to start packing up winter clothes in your closet. Whether you need to move winter clothes to the back of the closet or you need to break out the tubs, spend fifteen minutes tackling this project today. As you move each piece, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is it a duplicate? Do I really need 5 black shirts?
- Does it fit properly? Does it hang too low? Is it too small? Too big? Too long? Too short?
- Do I have anything to wear with it? If not, how long have I had it? Will I really every buy a complimentary piece?
- Do I even like it? Do I like it enough to wear it often?
- Do I feel GREAT in it? Or is it just so-so?
If you determine a piece of clothing isn’t worth storing for six months, pack it in a box and drop it off at the nearest donation center asap! When we start streamlining next year, you’ll be glad you did!
Your assignment for today:
- Continue working on habit #5.
- Pack up and switch seasonal clothing.
- Put this task on your cleaning schedule and continue working on it.