Yesterday we dusted and cleaned everything up high which means there’s probably a lot of dust and dirt that made it’s way down to the floor. So, it’s logical that the next step would be cleaning those floors!
- Toothbrush (an old one of course!)
- Scrub brush
- Cleaning cloths
- Floor cleaner (hardwood, tile, linoleum, carpet)
- Nylon Scraper (if you have any stuck on gook on your floor)
Today’s Task: Get Down
Ordinarily I’m all for making cleaning as easy as possible. But, at least once a year I think it’s good to get on our hands and knees (that is, if we are physically able) to scrub the floors and get in the corners. Spring Cleaning seems to be a perfect opportunity to do just that!
- Sweep hard-surfaced floors
- Baseboards (if you didn’t do this yesterday, you may need to use a toothbrush if you have stuck on grime in the grooves.)
- Wash Hardwood (check with your manufacturer for the type of cleaning product made for your hardwood)
- Scrub tile and linoleum (make sure to move the refrigerator, stove, and any other item on your floor. you may be surprised what’s hiding under there. or is that only at my house? please tell me it isn’t so!)
- Vacuum carpet (pay careful attention to the corners and around baseboards/walls, move beds/furniture to vacuum those rarely cleaned areas, and even vacuum in the closets)
- Shampoo Carpet (are you a DIY or Hire a Professional kind of person?)