Do you have stacks of paper in your home? Scraps of notes in your purse? Old receipts that need to be filed?
Today, we are going to start the process of purging that extra paper!!
Purge that Paper
Set your timer for 5-15 minutes and do one (or all) of the following:
- Trash junk mail.
- Open bills, trash the envelopes, and send off payment.
- Collect all of your random notes and compile them into one list. Trash the rest.
- If you need to keep receipts, put them where they belong. If not, get rid of them.
- File paper you need to keep.
- Scan paper you need to keep electronically and then get rid of the hard copy.
- Go through your files and purge what you don’t need anymore.
I don’t know about you, but there is too much paper that comes into my house! I have to be very deliberate in how much I keep and how it gets organized.
For those who are interested, these are the products that keep me sane in the paper department:
- Freedom Filer – This is my personal filing system. After years of trial and error, I think this is the absolute best filing system to get your paper files organized once and for all. Seriously.
- Shoeboxed – Easy way to digitize and organized your receipts. You can get a FREE month PLUS 15% off your first three months by signing up though this link that’s specifically for my readers.
- ScanSnap iX500 scanner – This is my new go-to scanner that’s extremely easy to use. It it’s Amazing!! You can read about how I use it here.
- ScanSnap SV600 scanner. – This is the way I scan and keep all of those adorable 3D art projects my kiddos make.
If you have your own system to keep paper organized, here’s a virtual high-five. If you actually use your system, here’s a virtual double high-five!!
Your assignment for today:
- Continue working on habit #3.
- Trash as much paper as possible.
- Keep working on your cleaning schedule.
By the way, I’d love to see what you declutter today. Upload a pic to instagram and tag me in it (instagram.com/idreamofclean) so I can see!
Affiliate links included.