When I told you a few weeks ago that I was attempting to organize my entire house, I knew I was setting myself up for a challenge. When we moved, our lives didn’t slow down one bit.
In fact, the first three months of the year are the absolute busiest for my husband and I. Trying to squeeze in time to organize between unpacking, running a business, doing contract work, supporting my husband in his new job, transferring all of old info to our new house, compiling our tax info, and raising two rowdy boys in the middle of it all, it’s been tough to tackle. So I decided to bring in reinforcements (more about her tomorrow!)!!
However, I actually have made some progress and wanted to share what we’ve accomplished so far on this organize the entire house project.
Organizing a Laundry Closet
We’ve had everything from a tiny laundry closet with a stackable washer and dryer to a large walk-in laundry room. We’re back to a laundry closet now and although I thought I would miss a big laundry room, I’m actually loving everything about the new laundry area!
This laundry closet…
- is big enough to house a regular sized washer and dryer (instead of the mini sized stackables we were required to have in our tiny loft).
- is on the second floor between all the bedrooms which making it very easy to wash one load every day.
- has huge cabinets installed to hold cleaning products.
- is big enough for a few extras like a retractable clothes line, indoor drying rack, and a foldaway laundry rod.
- has a shelf perfect for folding clothes right out of the dryer.
Do you see the indoor drying rack and a foldaway laundry rod. They pull out when needed, but what I love most about it, is that they fold away almost flush against the wall. Perfect for any small space!
The retractable clothes line is actually installed in the bathroom across the hall. The prior homeowners put it there and I actually think it’s brilliant. If you’re going to be line drying damp clothes, it just seems fitting that moisture drips into the bathroom drain, right?
Of course, there are a couple of changes I’d still like to make.
- The paint color isn’t really my favorite, but that will have to happen another time.
- I would like to find a small basket and cute bottles to hold laundry supplies I use most often. They’re being stored in the cabinet at the moment. Unfortunately, a shorty like me has to stand on a step stool to reach it. And by step stool, what I really mean is I jump up on the folding table to grab what I need 🙂
- I’d also like to put a few pictures or quotes on the laundry closet walls. Perhaps a Bible verse about a clean heart would be a good idea…I’m still thinking on that one.
Anyway, that’s the first look my new little project I like to call Organize My Entire Home. More to come soon!! If you have suggestions or happen to know where I can get some cute little bottles for the detergent, let me know in the comment section!