Are your kids’ bedrooms clean yet? If not, make sure to finish strong today! We’re finally going to get those surface areas clean.
Kid Rooms: Clean Bedding, Dust, and Vacuum
Set a timer for 15 minutes and work fast to accomplish the following:
- Take all bed linens off the bed and stick them in the washing machine.
- Flip the mattress (if needed).
- Dust the major surfaces in the room — bedframe, dressers, window sills, baseboards, light fixtures, etc. I recently did this and was shocked how much dust is just hanging out on the bedframe. If you or your kids have allergies, don’t skip this step!
- Vacuum every square inch of the room including floors, corners, under furniture, inside the window frame, light fixtures, ceiling fans, etc.
Now, go about your normal daily activities! Just remember to transfer the bed linens from the washing machine to the dryer and put them back on the bed later today. You do NOT want this little activity to delay bedtime tonight, right?
If you don’t have kids…
Feel free to spend a few extra minutes on your problem area or complete these steps for another bedroom.
Your assignment for today:
- Continue working on habit #1.
- Clean bedding, dust & vacuum.
- Add this task to your cleaning schedule.