Even the best chefs and most careful cooks often find that they have drizzled little food our sauce on their stove burner. I am neither a chef nor careful when I’m whipping up dinner. Nevertheless, no matter how methodical you are while cooking, spills and accidents happen.
When spills find their way to the coils, you’ll usually know it right away by the smell, burn, and even some smoke.
The best thing to do when a spill happens is to clean it as soon as possible after the stove cools. But, if you can’t do that, add “clean the stove” to your cleaning schedule so you are sure to clean it before it becomes caked on too much.
How to Clean Electric Stove Coil Burners:
- Make sure that the stove is turned off, unplugged, and the coils are cool. When the burners are completely cool, remove them from the cook top area. Most burners unplug from the main part of the stove, but make sure to check the manufacturer’s manual on how to remove your stove coils.
- Wash the coils…but make sure to avoid getting the electrical connections wet!
- To clean the burners quickly and easily, try using a damp Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. If you don’t have a Magic Eraser handy and you the coils aren’t too dirty, you can scrub them with a wet cleaning cloth and mild dish soap solution. However, If your stove coils have stains or if you haven’t cleaned your stove in months, sprinkle the coils with Bar Keepers Friend and then scrub with a wet scouring pad.
- Rinse the coils with clean water to remove soap residue and particles.
- Dry the coils with a soft clean dry cloth before plugging them back into the stove.
- Finally, scrub down your drip pans using the same methods above. Then consider using drip pan liners to keep the originals in good condition. They are super cheap!
How often should I deep clean the stove?
It’s pretty easy to keep your stove looking new if you clean it on a regular basis. I recommend including “deep clean the stove” once a month on your perfect cleaning schedule. Regular maintenance using our kitchen cleaning tips ultimately saves time (and money). That means more time for focus on what’s really important in life!
Affiliate links included.